For more than a decade I’ve crafted, refined, and executed the University of Tennessee, Knoxville’s social media presence. From our early days in 2009 of being recognized by USA Today as one of the top 10 university Facebook pages to more recently being noted for our highly engaging Twitter and Instagram content, I’m always looking for ways to inform and delight UT’s audiences.
A Few Social Samples
Two of the Greats
Autumn Leaves (Taylor's Version)
The Ultimate Volunteers
Fog on Rocky Top
Here Comes the Boy
Don't Step on the Seal
General Neyland's Maxim's
Welcome to Rocky Top, Kevin!
Alex on the Rock
It's Great To Be...
A Thanksgiving Spread
To Vols Near and Far
College acceptance provides a meaningful chance
Peyton Manning crashes University of Tennessee online class
He was bullied for his homemade University of Tennessee T-shirt. The school just made it an official design
Daniel Tosh makes joke about looking like Lane Kiffin, Tennessee responds with perfect tweet
- 2 Million: Average monthly impressions for the UT Knoxville Twitter account
- 83,000: Average monthly engagements with the UT Knoxville Twitter account
- 1.7M: Average monthly impressions for the UT Knoxville Instagram account
- 56,000: Average monthly engagements for the UT Knoxville Instagram account
- 21%: Average annual growth of UT Knoxville's Instagram following
- 2.3M: Average monthly impressions for the UT Knoxville Facebook page
- 7 Million: UT Knoxville Facebook impressions for April 2021
UT Knoxville Twitter account ranked 4th among U.S. colleges and
universities in the Rival IQ/UP and Up 2019 Higher Education Social
Media Engagement Report
- 2018 Tennessee Colleges Public Relations Association Gold Award for Crisis Communications Campaign, "White Nationalist Event at UT Knoxville"
- Led a successful social media campaign in 2017 to bring the Today Show to the university as part of "Rokerthon 3"
- Multiple social posts from Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram featured in local and national media, including ABC News, NBC News, Fox News, CNN, BBC, Good Morning America, the Today Show, and Buzzfeed
- Invited speaker at many regional conferences, including those hosted by the American Marketing Association, the Public Relations Society of America, the NCAA's Southeastern Conference, and the Real Time Summit